Greetings.

I just logged onto my email
and discovered that a debate regarding the format of HITS has been
underway. I fear that my posting of the HIT "LCD panels and other
options" has offended some members and has prompted this discussion.  Since
this may be the case, I would like to apologize to anyone who did not intend
for me to post their response or to those who felt the posting included
too many messages.

It was my uderstanding that when posting a HIT the following guidelines apply:

1) It is not appropriate to alter the content a message received from a
member before publishing the HIT.
2) It is assumed that, unless specifically mentioned, any messages
received in response to a TARGET query are not personal and are okay to
share with members of the LM_NET group, including the individuals name,
title and address as presented in the original message.  However, I
would not post any of these messages in another listserv.
3) If a message might prove useful to even one member, it should be
included in the HIT.

This is just the premise that I have been working from.  I'm really sorry
if anyone was irritated with my last HIT.  I simply found all the
messages insightful and thought other members might find them useful too.

Liz Sargent

LM_NET Archive Home