Several of you asked for directions on accessing the archives after I
posted a question about how to do it.  Below is a copy of those
instructions which Melissa Davis, fellow LM_NETTER, kindly sent me.  I'm
keeping this message on my hard drive, just in case, and I've also printed
it out and tacked it up on the wall next to my computer.

>Dear LM_NET Colleagues,
>
>The following information will help those of who need to check on a prior
>posting that we wish we had saved! AskERIC saves them for us, and they
>are easily accessible.
>

>FINDING THE LM_NET ARCHIVES AND RELATED INFORMATION
>
>             This is an update of previously posted
>     instructions for locating the LM_NET Archives. (8-95)
>
>THE LM_NET ARCHIVES, ETC. ARE AVAILABLE BY WEB AND GOPHER
>
>   The LM_NET Archives and other interesting related information is
>   available at the AskERIC World Wide Web and Gopher site.
>
>   The URL for the "Webbed" Gopher site is:
>       gopher://ericir.syr.edu:70/11/Listservs/LM_NET
>
>   Another way to find it is to use your telnet to go directly there,
>   and then, by going through a series of menus, you will reach the
>   LM_NET Archives.  (Of course, you can Gopher there as well, port 70.)
>
>   For example: Telnet to the AskERIC Gopher:
>
>   1. Telnet to> ericir.syr.edu
>   2. At the login prompt, type: gopher
>   3. At the TERM=(vt100) prompt, press: return key (or enter your terminal
>      type), and then enter your name at the request.  You will then be
>      given the following menu:

>              Welcome to The AskERIC Public Access System
>        Providing Resources and Services Related to K12 Education
>

>Please make a selection from the choices below...
>
>       1. Access The AskERIC Virtual Library via GOPHER
>       2. Access The AskERIC Virtual Library via WWW
>       3. AskERIC a Question (MUST INCLUDE RETURN ADDRESS IN MESSAGE)
>       4. Mail AskERIC with Comments about this Service
>       5. Exit
>
>Your choice [1,2,3,4, or 5]:
>
>-----
>
>   4. Select choice: "1. Access The AskERIC Virtual Library via GOPHER"
>
>      LM_NET is found by moving through the following directories, which
>      are given as menu choices through the Gopher menu:
>

> -->  AskERIC - (Educational Resources Information Center)/
>   -->  Education Listservs Archives/
>     -->  LM_NET/
>          [And there you are!]
>
>-----
>   (For example, Telnet and log-on to AskERIC. Then you first must
>   go into "The AskERIC Virtual Library via GOPHER", then choose
>   "Education Listservs Archives", then "LM_NET", and you will enter
>   the LM_NET section, which includes the discussion Archives, the
>   LM_NET Directory, the Skills Indexof LM_NET Mentors, and other
>   interesting information.)
>
>Happy searching!  (It is a lot of fun to see what has been posted there.)
>

> Peter Milbury   Librarian, Chico High School, Chico, CA
>PMILBURY@ERICIR.SYR.EDU          "http://www.cusd.chico.k12.ca.us/~pmilbury"
>   Co-owner of LM_NET:  "gopher://ericir.syr.edu:70/11/Listservs/LM_NET"
>     Serving 4,400+ In the School Library Media Community, Worldwide

Kathy Graves                            kgraves@sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us
IMC Director/Librarian                  phone: 916-842-8427

Siskiyou Co. Supt. of Schools           FAX:  916-842-8436
609 South Gold Street
Yreka, CA 96097