On the subject of Librarianship: As you gather information about the
clientele that we serve, give them the correct road map to find current
information that they need you will receive professional appreciation. If
you try to second guess your clients and give them information that you
think they need because it worked last year, last semester, last week (and
soon you will be digging into stuff that you used years ago-)you will find
that the appreciation and "value" that you want for your "profession"
will start to diminish.As librarians/Media specialosts we must continue
to reinvent ourselves to keep pace with the times-We can't waste time
waiting for someone to value "Librarianship"-We make ourselves valuable
or we make ourselves obsolete.On the subject of "finding time" with small
children, husbands, home to run etc. I agree that we can't do everything
perfect-Don't try. Do set up a support system for your family. As far as
technology goes-you will never "keep up" Just learn about one thing that
really
interests you and rely on others (LM_NET ?) to know something about other
techie things-share,share,share! Also take a friend along to learn a new
thing and debrief afterwards, usually something sticks to your brain and
other things stick to the other persons brain-.Two heads are better than
one when learning a complicated program.
Hope that this helps-If not use "delete" key. Kim Vawter Omaha, Nebraska
kvawter@esu3.esu3.k12.ne.us

LM_NET Archive Home