I know this has already been asked many times, so if you can help
please respond directly to me at SCHLSPREP4@technet.nm.org. I am the
librarian at an independent school, grades 6-12. We are in the process
of starting to use Internet with classes. We want to have a policy in
force before we start allowing very much student access. If you have a
successful policy, I would appreciate receiving a copy. Also any hints
you can give on monitoring the use: i.e. how do you make sure students
are not posting garbage or looking at the type of files that parents
might have trong objections to. Our school community is fairly
conservative (although we're not a religious school). The parents are
highly supportive of education, however, and also very computer
literate.Many of our students have Internet connections at home. At
present we have only 2 phone lines in the library for modem access. We
have no graphics capability with our Internet account. We hope to have
more and better access in the future, but need a policy in force now.
Thanks for any help. If it would be easier to mail me a copy of your
policy, the address is Kate Clarke, Sandia Prep School, 532 Osuna NE,
Albuquerque, NM 87113.

LM_NET Archive Home