>I "removed" four old application programs that
>we never use by using the sysop menu "Remove programs item."  Are they
>really gone, or do I have to remove them via Novell or DOS? In other
>wor are they just off the ICLAS menu? It sure didn't make much
>difference in total available memory after I removed them. All help
>appreciated.  Nove tech support is too expensive, and our district tech
>person is overloade right now. Claire Simpson South Valley School

Claire, I am not an ICLAS user as I custom program all my installations,
but I can tell you that you will need to be able to enter Netware as a
supervisor equivalent and perform the purge /a command. Netware does NOT
delete files until the entire hard drive space is used. It then will
delete the oldest. As Netware uses memory for caching and hashing all
thoses directory entries your memory will continue to be used until you
use the purge command to release it.

Sincerely,

Don Shields
Mammoth Unified School District