My wonderful new clerk is leaving after 2 weeks, to take a
kindergarten aide's position because it pays several thousand
more.  In our system the clerks are really low man on the totem
pole.  They work 2 weeks longer in the year, and 1/2 hour
longer days than the instructional assistants, but are paid
less.  They barely make minimum wage.  Have any of you
successfully raised the salaries of clerks to attract good
people?  I'm going to try to get a group of librarians together
to petition the school board, but I know it's been tried
before, to no avail.  I'd love ideas or suggestions from you
guys!  I'll post a hit.
--
Kathy Lafferty
klaffert@pen.k12.va.us