Good morning, Group!

Can anyone tell me about the Sylvan reading program?  A young mother
whose 1st grader is behind his classmates in his reading skills is about
to enroll him in the Sylvan Reading Program for 5 or 6 weeks. The child
came from a kindergarten where no reading was taught, to a school where
most kindergarteners were actually reading by the end of their
kindergarten year. He seems to be having a real problem distinguishing
sounds of letters, especially vowels.  (His hearing has been tested.) He
is also very conscious of not being able to read while his classmates can.

Have any of you had any experience with this program? The instructors
will be working with the child for an hour every afternoon after school.

(I am cross posting this to my "tenet.educator.reading" discussion group
here in Texas, so please forgive if you get *two* messages!)

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home