Hi all,

I am just starting my third year as a high school librarian and am interested
in how other librarians handle the crush during lunchtime.  On any given day I
could get about 300 students going in and out of the library throughout lunch.
This is only bad in that the library becomes a hot bed of activity,
socializing, visiting etc.  Those students who would like a quiet place to
study have to go elsewhere and I spend my lunchtime walking around telling
students to be quieter or get out.  We have in the past just locked the door
fifteen minutes into lunch and reopened at the end of lunch, it has worked, but
I wanted to know what others are doing to ensure a quiet library for study and
research during lunch.

TIA
Darla
Magana@a1.svusd.k12.ca.us