sandsp@mail.clackesd.k12.or.us

From: Carol_Hendrick@halton.tor.hookup.net (Carol Hendrick)

There is an anthology published by Nelson Canada c1982 entitled Sunburst,
edited by James MacNeill.  It isn't all Canadian poetry but there is an
excellent selection of Canadian authors in it:  Alden Nowlan, Duncan Scott
Campbell, Pauline Johnson, Raymond Souster,  E. J. Pratt, to name a few.  It
is arranged thematically: moonlight and mustery, clash and conflict, songs
and senses, fulfillments and feelings, daring and danger, beauty and
beginnings, enchantments and endings, lapses and laughter, fascination and
fantasy. I've used it in a Grade 9 class - and am not sure how suitable it
would be for middle school.  It is still in print $15.95 Canadian according
to the 1994 Canadian Books In Print [0-17-601814  -X].
 Dennis Lee has written some excellent children's books - Alligator Pie is
one.  Again I'm not certain how useful it would be in middle school - but it
is a lot of fun.

LM_NET Archive Home