        Though I think both of these magazines are good I would think
twice about buying "Working Women" for a high school library.  I
subscribe to  "working Women" now and it hardly ever read.  The students
just aren't interested in the magazine.  Perhaps it's just my school.

J. Bailey
jebailey@isbe.state.il.us

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Peggy V Rowan wrote:

> Thanks to all who recommended women's magazines with a minimum of sex
> articles.  Here are the results.
>
> "Working Woman and "Working Mother" tied for first place.
>
> "Working Woman" (about $12.00) offers a professional slant and targets
> women's issues;  is more focused on work and business and issues in the
> workplace.
>
> "Working Mother" (about $8.00) offers information such as how to get a
> raise, what to do about child care, how to convince your employer to do
> job sharing, etc.  It has articles relating to family, work and social
> issues affecting women.
>
> I have decided to subscribe to both of these.  Can't lose at those
> prices, even though they're not indexed in Wilson.
>
> Some also rans were:
>
> "Business Woman" - interesting articles, investment tips, time
> management, getting ahead tips, how to interview, getting a better job, etc.
>
> "Women's Sport and Fitness" targets some women's issues.
>
> "Outlook" - put out by AAUW
>
> There is also a gender equity program at the Center for Education and
> Work at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and they publish a
> newsletter on equity issues.  They also have print and AV materials
> available on loan and will send a catalog on request.
>
> Not bad for a 24 hour research request.  LM_NET is RAD.  I do like being
> part of this group.  Thanks again to all.
> -
>
> Peggy V. Rowan                       Royse City High School
> Librarian                            P. O. Box 479
> rowan@tenet.edu                      Royse City, TX

LM_NET Archive Home