Yes, I feel I have a good understanding of myself because I know my own
mind and how I feel about things.  I can always give an opinion and back
it up with my own reasons.  I also know how to react to most situations I
am put in and if I have never been faced with the situation or don't know
how to react then I believe and trust in myself to make the right
decision.  If somehow I make the wrong decicion, whether by choice or
chance, I know that there will be concequences to face.  What has helped
me feel this way would have to be a who, not what.  It would definitly be
my mother.  I can't say my father has really helped me with this since my
parents have been divorced since I was two although they are still good
friend and have never really fought.  My mom has raised me very well,
especially for her first (and only) child.  I am not trying to be
concieted about this either but I have become a very mature and
stable-minded, intelligent person.  Like I said, I know myself therefore,
Iknow this to be true about me.  I have grown up in a world of adults and
can relate to almost anyone or at least understand things from their
point of veiw.  I make friends very easily and my best friend rightnow is
a 20-year old man who has no interest in me other than the very close
friendship we now have.  I also feel I am a strong person and some of the
reasons I have already given above back this up as well.  Nothing major
has happened to me to make me stronger although Ihave experienced alot
over the years.  I believe experience is the best teacher for
everything.  Not everyone can or should experience some things simply
because they have no means or they can't handle it.  Parents and athority
figures have always told children to Just say no to drugs and I believe
this is good advice to a point.  But I will tell you when I have a child
I will teach them from the begining to come to me with EVERYTHING.  And
when they come to me with marijuana or whatever they run across to a
certian extent, I WILL not lie to them and I will tell them about my own
experience with it of if I have no experience I will give them my opinion
as well as th facts.  Then I will leave it to them whether or not this is
something they want to experience.  If it is I will sit down and do it
with them.  From there I will let them make their next decision and give
them my opinion on that and the consequences of it good or bad.  I will
do all this because I believe I can raise my child to believe how I
believe and to make the right choices and that I can trust in those as
well as I can my own.  My experiences are what have made me strong no
matter how small or how big they were.  It is like school: the more you
know about most subjects, the more you learn.  That is a definition for
life to a certian extent.  I hope I have given you all you can use and if
I have gone on too much then I am sorry but if I had not this would not
be a full answer since everything has a certian effect on things.  Here
is the rest of the info you need:
                        age: 16   sex: female   state: texas
                        I am also writing this on my mom's account if
that makes any difference.

LM_NET Archive Home