If they won't let you preview, why would you even consider them for purchase?

Clete Schirra                                  schirrac@lis.pitt.edu
South Park High School Media Center            schirra@calvin.duq.edu
2178 Ridge Road                                (412) 655-0613 voice
Library PA 15129                               (412) 655-2952 fax

On Sun, 17 Apr 1994, Elizabeth Letterly wrote:

> We have tried another indexing/abstract service at our high school this
> school year that, when we received the invoice for the 96-97 school year,
> had raised their price almost $100.00.  There are so many citations on it
> that are difficult to get that I think we'd be better served by another.
>
> I saw a posting awhile back from another librarian saying the Wilson's was a
> good value and sent off for literature.  No preview available or that's what
> I was told.  And I've looked at their WWW site.  My questions are -- Is
> there keyword searching available?  Does it save a search history, and, if
> so, can you combine the terms of a previous search easily with another term?
> Are subject terms available on an index?
>
> This listserv is so great -- I bet I've printed and passed around a ream of
> hard copy since I subscribed.
>
> Libby Letterly -- eletterl@abelink.com
> District Librarian, Williamsville CUSD #15, Williamsville, IL  62693
> 217-566-3361  FAX:  217-566-2183
> Registered ICC User
> check out http://www.usefulware.com/~jfoltz
>
> Life's too mysterious to be very serious.

LM_NET Archive Home