I got some manila envelopes of the proper sizes (9x12, and 10x13, I
think) and had library club students decorate them.  We put them on
the "sign-out table" and anyone who signs out a paperback or magazine
is required to take an envelope to keep it in.  The students think
it's a great idea - it's simple and makes it easier for them to take
care of the materials.  We have found that it has made a big
difference in the condition of these materials overall, even though
we do still lose a few.

Beth McCheyne
K-6 Librarian
South Seneca Central School