     Posted this to the list because I had many of the messages bounced
back.  Thank you for helping save the Scary Stories books in Irving, TX.
More than 40 of you took the time to reply.  THank you!  The books will
remain on the shelves.  We are to get written or oral permission from a
parent if the child is younger than 4th grade and we see them checking
out the book.  That is a far cry from removing them from every Elementary
School in the district which was the original "plan.
Cynthia Whisennand
cwhiz @tenet.edu
( I got the letter Friday.)

LM_NET Archive Home