Barb,
  I've used Books from Cover to Cover with 5th and 6th graders with some
success. I did not have to pay, however, the school district got them
through MD ITV. I did not use all of them, only the ones which fit a
literature lesson.When teaching a genre(Fantasy), I used "Castle in the
attic" and many of the students checked out copies. You need to explain
first about the format (a man drawing scenes from the book while he tells
part of the story) and secondly, that they will not hear the end of the
story, they will have to read the book. Some of the books presented are
better than others, so you may not want them all.

Nina Wells
Northern Middle School
Hagerstown, MD 21742
nwells@umd5.umd.edu