I have started to get more and more junk advertising sent to my personal
E-mail account and I am curious as to how these companies are getting our
addresses.  The latest message was titled "Bankers' Secrets" wanting me to
send a company called Creative Financial Alternatives located in Lakewood,
Ohio $25 for a booklet that would tell me how to save money on my
mortgages.  It was sent from the address of:
massmail@aol.com                I do belong to two professional
listservs(LM_NET and Big Six) and correspond with library vendors and
friends, but can't figure out how those contacts would result in my address
being obtained by the above company.

Does anyone have any idea as to how these companies are getting our
addresses and if there is anything we can do about it?  Thanks for your
thoughts.  If I get some good responses, I'll post a hit as I suspect this
is something we are all facing.

Cheryl King, Librarian
Agana Heights Elementary
Box DE