Dear colleagues and job-seekers,

     Applications are being considered for the following professional
position and interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply.  I am
posting this position on behalf of Helen Eigabroadt, Director of Library
Services:

Children's Librarian for Elementary School

     We are looking to fill an eleven month position Sept. 1, 1996-July 31,
1997.
Our library serves an independent school population of 850 students and is
also open to the public.
     Our successful candidate will have demonstrated ability in working with
children, knowledge of children's literature, and will have training in
library automation systems.  The children's collection is automated with
Winnebago CIRC/CAT on a Mac platform and candidates should be comfortable
working with such a system and in training children and adults in its use.
The Children's Librarian meets with K-6
classes each week during the school year for storytelling and library
instruction.
     The library is open year round, so this position will include leading
our active Summer Reading Club and film program during the summer of 1997.
Hours are 8-4 weekdays during the school year and eighteen hours a week
Tuesdays through Thursdays during the summer.  Vacations are Winter and
Spring breaks during the school year and two flexible weeks each summer.
Salary is based upon experience.
     Please send resume and three references to:
        Helen Eigabroadt, Director of Library Services
        Friends Free Library
        5418 Germantown Avenue
        Philadelphia, PA 19144    NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE

LM_NET Archive Home