Yes, I firmly believe in separating the so-called easy to read books
from the picture books.  I assign  the picture books P on the spine label
for Picture books and the easy to reads an R for Reader.  I find the
teachers particularly appreciate having them separated.  It makes the job
of finding books for beginning to read students much much easier.  In one
of my libraries the Picture books are color coded with yellow labels and
the Readers have green labels.  That makes it even easier since I can
just say to a kid go to the Reader section with green labels, etc.

Janet Rawdon
Newton MA
rawdon@meol.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home