Nancy:

I've never considered limiting checkouts for staff until this past year
when an unnamed (grin) early childhood teacher had 75 books out, some
from the first week of school.  Actually, what we did was give her a
hardback copy of a book about a cute octopus at the end of school along
with the "Octopus Award" for the most number of books checked out all
year.  Do you think she'll get it?  (I was wondering why the George and
Martha books were never in...)

Debbie Abilock              "It is important that students bring a certain
The Nueva School            ragamuffin barefoot irreverence to their studies;
6565 Skyline Blvd.          they are not here to worship what is known,
Hillsborough, CA 94010      but to question it."  (Jacob Bronowski)

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Nancy Wittwer wrote:

> HI, LM_NETers!
>
> I recently joined and I am learning lots as I read all the postings.
>
> I need some help.  Do you limit faculty to how many books they may check
> out and how long they may keep them?  If so, what are your limits?
>
> For the past nineteen years, I have never limited faculty on any of this.
> However, last year I had a few teachers who checked out tons of books and
> kept them most of the year.  Nothing worked for getting them back, even
> when others were waiting.
>
> My principals want me to come up with a specific number of books and a
> specific timeframe for teachers to keep books.  What do you do about
> holiday books that everyone wants at the same time?  The administration
> wants to announce this when school begins on August 19.
>
> Any help you could give me would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Nancy Wittwer
> nwittwer@smartnet.net

LM_NET Archive Home