> I need your help.  Our computer coordinator is retiring just
> before we were slated to make our new technology plan and
> develop a K-12 curriculum.  I got the call today from our
> district super. requesting that I be my district's
> representative as it is to be a coordinated effort between

Jeanette,

The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction has a copy
of the state's computer curriculum on its web site.  Since the
site is undergoing reorganization (sound familiar?) it may be a
hard target to hit.

Go to:  http://www.dpi.state.nc.us

Once you get the top page, select "Resources." From that page
select "North Carolina Curriculum."  You will have the Computer
Skills curriculum in the matrix.  It is a fairly comprehensive
set of objectives that emphasizes the computer as a tool.

They also have a document that was designed to assist local
districts in writing their tech plans.  that document is at:

     http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/Tech.Plan/TOC.html

Hope this helps!

-- dave --

David F. Warlick
The Landmark Project             Voice & Fax: 919-571-3292
5009 Yadkin Yadkin Drive           E-mail: david@nando.net
Raleigh, NC  27609         http://www.landmark-project.com
                   Board of Directors
              Global SchoolNet Foundation