Hi,

   I will be making a presentation at a workshop in October entitled "The
Disappearing Card Trick: how to teach library skills without the card
catalog". I will be meeting next week with the two other librarians who
will be working with me on this presentation.
   If you have a lesson that has worked for you that you would be willing
to share, it would be greatly appreciated. We are planning to put
together sample lessons for grade 2 - grade 6.  They should be lessons
that could be taught in a usual 30-40 minute class period, and they
should be adaptable to libraries with various numbers of computers. I
know myself my lesson plans with just 2 or 3 computers were somewhat
different from the lessons I can plan now with 8 computers.
   Topics we hope to cover are: searching by author, title, subject, and
keyword; Boolean logic, truncation, etc.
   If you send me a lesson that we are able to use in the workshop, we
will send you  copies  of all our workshop handouts.
   You can send sample lessons to me either by e-mail or by snail mail.
Whichever works best for you.
    This should be a fun workshop! Let's share our wonderful ideas!
    Thank you to all the marvelous people who have already shared their
creative ideas. This is a last call for anyone who has missed our

Sara Mockett, Librarian
Seattle Country Day School
2619 4th Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98109
saramoc@bush.edu