I have a question that I hope some of you can help with:  We normally
subscribe to the ERIC CD-ROM (LAN version) from Silver Platter at a cost of
about $1700 a year.  We received some information about the
 ERIC Facility's NISC DISC. It's quite inexpensive.  Do you have any
information on how it compares to Silver Platter's version?  We use Silver
Platter on our LAN and are happy with it.  However, for over a thousand
dollars difference, we would try the NISC if it is a good product.   We've
also heard that Oryx Press has ERIC on CD-ROM.  Anyone have any experience
with that?  Please send responses to me:   bakker@ncrel.org

++++++++  Jan Bakker, M.A. Ed., M.L.S.  ++++++++
                     Resource Center Director
    North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
    Oak Brook, Illinois                    bakker@ncrel.org
Visit Pathways to School Improvement Internet server:
       http://www.ncrel.org/ncrel/sdrs/pathways.htm

  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."  Groucho Marx

LM_NET Archive Home