The triumph was a quiet one but sometimes that is the way things are.
Dahl's endings tend to be that way and I wouldn't want it tampered with
too much. I enjoyed it. Maybe it would inspire a conversation on having
to look for the good in some situations. It isn't always obvious. You do
have a point but I didn't think it spoiled the movie at all. The children
I took and my college age daughter all loved it.
Jean Rowan
Downey Community School
Brockton MA
rowanj@meol.mass.edu

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Fidelis R. Poncher 904-684-2116 wrote:

> I took my younger children to see the movie Matilda the other day. They
> enjoyed it greatly, but I left the theater with mixed emotions. I expected
> to leave with that exhilerated feeling I usually get when good triumphs
> over evil, but it just didn't happen. What are the feelings of those of you
> who have seen it?
>
> Best wishes,

> *  Fidelis Poncher, LMS      *                                            *
> *  ponchef@mail.firn.edu     *                                            *
> *  Interlachen High School   *  "It is only with the heart that man can   *
> *  Rt. 1, Box 10             *     see rightly. What is essential is      *
> *  Interlachen, FL 32148     *          invisible to the eye."            *
> *  VOICE: 904-684-2116       *                                            *
> *  FAX: 904-684-3915         *                                            *

LM_NET Archive Home