Hope someone can help out there!  Our school corporation (Fort Wayne
Community in Indiana) is involved in a joint venture with our local public
library (Allen County PL) and Indiana-Purdue University at Fort Wayne (IPFW)
to investigate sharing electronic information resources, i.e. subscribing
jointly so that all of us can have access at a reduced cost to all.  In
September, we will be traveling to Indianapolis to attend a database vendor
fair (Ebsco, OCLC, Information Access, etc. will be there).

In anticipation of this, has anyone out there had experience dealing with
these vendors, either jointly with other libraries or alone?  What questions
did you ask when talking with them before using their services?  Any
suggestions or cautions?  Good or bad experiences?

TIA for the great responses I'm sure I will receive, as I always do!

Kevin Roe
Fort Wayne (IN) Community Schools
KevinSRoe@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home