I think it is important to get books in the hands of kids asap.  I have
always let kdg check out books on their first visit and this year am
considering letting them get 3 right of the bat instead of restricting to
1 for the first semester.  I think they would be likely to read or be read
to more during the week if they have 3 books for the week instead of just
1!  In addition, they will be much more likely to talk to parents about
their trip to the library if they have something to show for it.  I have a
liberal lending policy, but you need to do what you are comfortable with.

Jill Webb - ab633@traverse.lib.mi.us
Glen Lake Elementary, Maple City, MI 49664

LM_NET Archive Home