The book store I am going to has a site:  www.loop.com/~cultura.
They are very knowledgeable about Latino literature.

Children's and Young Adult Literature"
Send to CLASP Committee on teaching and Outreach
c/o The Center for Latin America
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee Wisc 53201
(414) 229-5986 phone

look at Scribners' lists.
They have a reference book called Latin American Authors and their
literature lists the authors.

Alegria, Fernando. My Horse Gonsalez (Chilean) [M]
Boyle, T. Coraghessan.  The Tortilla Curtain (Mexican-Amer)[M]
Castaneda, Omar.  Among the Volcanoes (Guatemalan) [E]
                  Imagining Isabel (Guatemalan) [E]
Chavez, Denise.  The Last of the Menu Girls (Mexican-Amer) [M]
Corpi, Lucha.  Delia's Song.  (Mex-Amer) [H]
Galarza, Ernesto.  Barrio Boy (Mex-Amer) [M]
Garcia Marquez, Gabriel. One Hundred Years of Solitude (Colombian) [H]
Jenkins, Lyll Becerra de. The Honorable Prison. (Colombian) [M]
Aparicio, Frances, ed. Latino Voices (anthology) [M]
Lopez-Medina, Sylvia. Cantora (Mex-Amer) [H]
Mohr, Nicholasa.  In Nueva York (Puerto Rican-Amer) [H]
Rodriguez, Luis J.  Always Running (Mex-Amer) [M]
Sayles, John.  Los Gusanos (Cuban-American) [M]
Thomas, Piri.  Down These Mean Streets (Puerto Rican-Amer) [M]
Trevino, Elizabeth.  I, Juan de Pareja. (Spanish-African) [M]

LM_NET Archive Home