Our school will have a LAN, then a WAN completed by November.  At this time, the
plan is to make the internet available to all students during the school day.
While I applaud the idea, I have two concerns and I would like to know from you, my
colleagues, whether I am just worrying for nothing or not.

Concern 1 - What is to prevent students from accessing, then subscribing or
ordering all the "neat" stuff avaiable on the WWW?  With that, can they then
possibly have the school billed?

Concern 2 - Even if we do develop an AUP, and maybe even have contracts, is there
any way to really police this with a student body of 1600, or is it just a way for
a school to keep from being considered negligent if students do access
inappropriate materials?

I'd welcome anyone's opinion and since others probably wonder the same thing, post
any answers to the whole group, because I know that I'd never get a HIT posted.

TIA :-)

Ruth Rogers
South Carolina
rsrbchs@hargray.com