Thank you to all of you who responded to my request for schools to send
stuffed geckos to.  There were too many of you to respond individually.  Our
school selected the six schools (one per grade level) which we are sending
them to first.  If you did not already hear from me, you are not on our
first mailing list.  However, we expect to send the geckos to other schools
throughout the year so I am keeping all the responses.  If we decide to
choose you for the 2nd visit, I will notify you.  Also because we are a year
round school and this was only done for Tracks A and B, it is possible we
will send additional geckos for Tracks C and D.  Some of you inquired about
the cost.  The geckos and bags to send them in was a little over $20.00
each.  The journals and pictures I picked up out of my pocket.  The teachers
sent them off and although I told them I would reimburse them for the
postage, I have not heard from anyone about this yet.  I'm guessing it will
be less than $5.00 per gecko as they are only 10 inches.  The funding for
this was provided by a Book Fair.

I do have a 7th gecko which has been reserved for our special classes.  I
will be taking this gecko with me to the mainland in Sept. and will be
travelling through Portland, Ore., Kalispell, Mont. (to Eureka, Mont.) and
back through Seattle, WA.  If any of you in these areas are particularly
interested in seeing this gecko which is sponsored this time by a Pre-KG
class (4 year old gifted children) please e-mail me.  When I return the
first of Oct., the gecko will be sponsored by a Hearing Impaired class.
These students are all ages from KG - 5th grade.  It would be very nice to
send it to another Hearing Impaired class.

Thanks again to everyone who responded and I'm sorry I can't send each of
you a personal note.  You may still hear from me in the future.

Jeanne Jewell
Librarian
M. U. Lujan Elementary School
Yona, Guam