'Netters:

AS school is almost here, I again have the nagging worry about my TA's
and the "dead time" which I must deal with. My library is not as busy
as it should be, and therefore there are many periods when the TA's
have very little to do. I require them to read shelves each day, put
away books, check magazines, clean up, etc. and they are graded on
this. And of course I often have other things like getting books ready
to be put on the shelf etc.

However, how do any of you deal with the fact that they get so bored
they just stop doing anything? Or they sit and talk to friends, paying
no attention to the circulation desk or door? Any suggestions would be
great.

TIA
--
Marge Congress