After completing an inventory in June and noting the horrendous number of
misisng books I have decided that it is time to get serious about raising
funds for a security system.  I am a firm believer that even the physical
presence of a security system will deter students and teachers of taking
materials from the library media center without signing them out.

I have downloaded all the information I could find in the LM_Net
archives.  Most messages were dated 1995.  I am curious to know if the
folks who investigated security systems at that time have purchased a
system and what is their advice?

All feedback will be gratefully accepted.  Any fundraising ideas also
would be appreciated.  I plan to contact our local service groups as soon
as I can get my act together and have all facts and figures.

Gail M. Szeliga
uehslib1@transit.nyser.net
Union Endicott High School                       Fax:      607.757.2839
Endicott, NY 13760                               Voice:    607.757-2813

"Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
                                                        Arthur C. Clarke

LM_NET Archive Home