LM_NETTERS,

I am just beginning circulation with Winnebago on MacIntosh.  When we began
this project a couple of years ago, I had mentioned a tape backup, but when
everything was said and done, I didn't get it.   Somehow, I guess I assumed
because I could back up the conversion disks on disks, I could back up
everything on disks.(Silly me.)  Actually, at that point in time, things
were going so slowly, I just didn't think - I was merely
accepting--higher-ups thought they knew all.

Now I find that I cannot back up on diskettes as I planned, but DO need a
tape backup.

Question--What have you, who are using MacIntosh (and possible Winnebago)
using for a backup system.  I do have a call into a McIntosh dealer who is
contacting a manufacturer for a price on a system he thinks I should have,
but I hate to think I'm at his mercy.  I'd appreciate any comments.

Also, as I begin circulating, I am wondering what to do with the borrowers
cards in the books.  I started out the week leaving them in because I still
have some books that need to be manually checked out, but I feel very
uncomfortable with the k-5 students running around with borrower cards in
their books, so today I began taking them out.  As you have probably
perceived, decision-making is not one of my strong points.

What have you done with the cards?  I'm excited about all of this, but
nervous, too.

Thanks a bunch.  I get so much support from this network.  I know you all
identify with that sentiment.

Barb -- (struggling)

Barbara Weidner,Librarian
Wright City Elementary School