I have just received the latest issue of _School Library Media Quarterly_
and thought that the people on LM_NET and on CSLA might enjoy these two
items
____________________
"A typical student used to playing in a mud puddle of information suddenly
will have an Olympic-sized swimming pool and is being pushed in the deep
end. Facing information overlad, our children might not fare as well as we
had hoped unless we provide well orchestrated swimming instructions."
--David Loertscher, "President's Column," page 192, _School Library Media
Quarterly_ Summer 1996.

He also explains that
"The Information Literate Student Is:
1. An Avid Reader
2. A Critical Thinker
3. A Creative Thinker
4. An Interested Learner
5. An Organized Investigator
6. An Effective Communicator
7. A Responsible Information User
8. A Skilled User of Technology Tools"

Yours truly,

Brian Rountree, Teacher Librarian      rountree@access.mbnet.mb.ca
Eastwood Elementary School
453 Princeton Drive                    phone (204) 677-6142
Thompson, Manitoba                     fax   (204) 677-6176
R8N 1W8   Canada

LM_NET Archive Home