LM-NETTER'S,

I am planning on have a two-week teddy bear theme in the library this
October.  We did this several years ago and it was very successful.
We ask students (and faculty) to bring in teddy bears the week before
the judging (and leave the bears up for two-weeks on display).  They
can enter their bear in one of several categories:  CUTEST, BEST
DRESSED, FURRIEST, SMALLEST, LARGEST, CUDDLIEST, and the MOST LOVED
(the one that's worn out!).  The last time we did this we had over
250 teddy bears!  The library looked like a bear convention...and we
received a lot of publicity.  From all the entries a BEST ALL-AROUND
bear is chosen.  Certificates are awarded to winners in each category.

This time we are wanting to extend the bear theme by having our
school cafeteria get in on the action and serve some foods that can
be related to the theme.  Do any of you have any ideas?  I thought of
"bear claws," but it would be virtually impossible for them to get
some or make them.  We also thought of using honey...but the packs
the honey come in would not be worth the trouble of getting it out
(students can't tear the packs...adults have to go around with
scissors and cut them!)...  We serve breakfast and lunch so we can
use foods relating to both meals.  Any ideas would greatly be
appreciated.

TIA

Tony Pope
McHenry Elementary School