Again--schools across the country are becoming more and more diverse. I
USED to be the one who ran around collecting class lists,so I cfaqn
identify. Now, I do get all lists,except 4 Kdg. from office computers.
But counselor person is only half time and has no scheduling info. As
faras tracking kids--teachers fill out "emergency" cards that are kept in
office--sometime in Sept. I've been in schools where the attitude
was--just let the kids tell you their names,etc. Yeah, I wrote down
brilliant names like "hee-ha"--she had said "ne -ma" but her name was
Winema etc. Now we are a "special subjects" team and my team is very
willing to share class-list info--and I GET PHONE NUMBERS on the list
--this year is a first---So, if books are really over due--I can track
'em down! Also, it is much easier if you've been at a building and know
the majority of students. But I still remember--no lists,just a fixed
schedule and go for it! No wonder librarians are flexible!

LM_NET Archive Home