I would suggest "Sign of the Beaver" as a particularly good example
although it is not a short-term, after-school type situation if you
are looking for that.  There is also a picture book that turns the
theme around.  I'm not sure of the exact title (and of course, I'm at
home today so I can't look it up) but it is something like "What will
Mommy do all Day?" or "What will Mommy do while I'm at School?" that
has the little girl worried that Mommy will get lonely and miss her
daughter.

LM_NET Archive Home