FORWARD TO ALL  from Pat Wallace  <denwall@aol.com>
Note:  This post is from me acting as an interested student of library
science and was not authorized by any organization or
committee.

The message below from Yvonne Farley was forwarded to me by Chris Dodge, a
cataloger in the Hennepin County Library and
co-editor, with Jan DeSirey, of the Minnesota Social
Responsibility Round Table Newsletter .   Yvonne attended
the joint LITA (Library and Information Technology Association)/LAMA
 (Library Administration and Management Association) Conference in Pittsburg
last October 13-16th and shares some observations from the conference in her
post.

This is from the Sep/Oct MSRRT News:
"Yvonne Farley, reference librarian at Kanawha County Public
Library, has been named West Virginia 'librarian of the year',
winning the state's annual Dora Ruth Parks Award. The editor
of West Virginia Libraries for over ten years, Farley has also
chaired the state library association's Intellectual Freedom
Committee,  served as a judge for the American Film Festival,
and currently sits on the board of the American Friends Service Committee's
West Virginia Economic Justice Project.