This is my first year as a primary (k-4) librarian, having moved from the
high school English classroom.  My library has 4 IBM compatible
computers, and I have just been advised that, due to new state technology
requirements,  I will be getting 20 new computers.  My problem is
deciding whether to try to find a classroom for a computer lab, where an
entire class can go to work, or whether to locate 2-3 stations in each of
6 4th grade classrooms (technology testing begins in fifth grade) and the
remainder in 3rd grade classrooms.  I see pros and cons to both plans.
Have any of you been in a similar situation?  Do you have any advice to
offer?  Wiring for school-wide networking is already in progress.  All
4th grade classrooms are in a separate building.  TIA. C Joyce

LM_NET Archive Home