Dear New England LM-NETters,

I previously posted a request for job descriptions, experience requirements,
salary ranges for people who assist in school Media Centers, and got several
great responses.  I didn't, however, get any from New England where I am
located. I have this amazingly wonderful assistant who does everything in the
library from clerical tasks to taking almost full responsibility for grades K-2
including stories and progrmming.  She is completely responsible for everything
2 days a week when I am not there.  She is truly an Assistant Librarian by this
time by virtue of the four years she has been with me and learned the ropes
while at work.  She doesn't have Library Science courses, but many positions do
not rewquire it, including some public librarians.  I really need some support
for changing her library aide status for $7.50 an hour to something more clearly
indicative of the job she does, and am hoping that some of you out there are
somewhat staffed and can offer some help. I still need to find explanations of
what your assistants do, what requirements you have for this position and the
salary. Any official job descriptions would be great, but not necessary.

I am at INTERNET:73054.2605@compuserve.com

Thanks so much for your help.  Would have posted to NEEMA listserv, but have not
heard back from my atrempt to subscribe. Anyone know about this?

Laurie Wodin

LM_NET Archive Home