Wow, you found my counselor friend a listserv, but I only had the
automatic joining addresses.  Since I didn't want to join, I kept sending
info inquiries.  They bounced back.
Below is the reply for info to a great listserv for guidance counselors.

This info came from our school guidance counselor:

LISTSERV@UTKVM1.UTK.EDU
>OR LISTSERV@UTKVM1.BITNET
>YOU SUBSCRIBE BY  SUBCRIBE ICN
>THE "LEADER" IS ELLEN RUST  ruste@edge.ercnet.com

When I e-mailed Ellen Rest, she sent this reply.l

I'm an elementary school counselor and I find that the ICN is wonderful,
if
I do say so myself.  There are more than 900 people on the ICN, from all
over the world and at all levels of school counseling, plus mental health
counseling, career, LPCs, etc.  At this point in time, there is no list
exclusively for elementary school counselors.  That's how I envisioned the
ICN when I started it, but it took on a life of its own. . .  :)

To subscribe to the ICN, she should send an email message to:
listserv@utkvm1.utk.edu   and write ONLY:  subscribe icn hername
(substituting her name, of course).

LM_NET Archive Home