SEC: CA Only
Greetings:  Your help is requested.
        At Yosemite High School in Oakhurst (south entrance to=20
Yosemite Nat=B9l Park in the Sierra foothills)  our staff=20
development focus this year is =B2powerful learning.=B2  We have=20
had periodic training by the California School Leadership=20
Academy on techniques of  =B3powerful teaching=B2. =20
         =B3Powerful learning=B2 emphasizes an interactive open=20
environment in which students are comfortable sharing and=20
expectations are shared and understood.  It also requires=20
that the instruction is relevant to most students, student=20
thinking is allowed to drive the lesson, and multiple modes=20
of learning are facilitated.  It encourages students to=20
become critical thinkers, use a variety of resources, and=20
produce new knowledge.  Does this describe any instructors=20
at your school?
        On February 20, 1997  our entire staff  (45) is encouraged=20
to visit another school that would expand their vision for=20
their instructional area and / or give them a first hand=20
look at secondary teachers who are practicing powerful=20
learning techniques.  Do you have teachers at your school in=20
any subject area that qualify and would enjoy or endure a=20
peer visitation?
        I am trying to develop a list of potential sites our=20
teachers can visit.  If you can help me with names and high=20
schools for my list I would greatly appreciate it and my=20
principal will continue to be in awe of my internet skills=20
(he knows very little about the internet by the way so it is=20
easy to amaze him. :-)  I would also like to hear from=20
alternative high schools.
        TIA
Betsy Blum
Library Media Teacher                           voice (209) 683-4667 x 216
Yosemite High School                            fax   (209) 683-8392
50200 Road 427                                  e-mail   bblum@sierratel.com
Oakhurst  CA   93644

LM_NET Archive Home