We have recently established a schoolwide reading program for our 6-12
building.  We take 10 minutes from one class period each day for reading.
The periods rotate.  I sense limited involvement throughout the building.  I
have heard many excuses (to which I'd like to reply: "Is 10 minutes each day
too much to devote to improving reading skills?"; but I don't).  My request
is for any ideas on how to motivate the staff to participate more fully.
I'd like to take a proactive stance--maybe rewarding classes that are
reading during reading time.  Any ideas will be appreciated--please respond
directly.   Thanks--Pat Dalpiaz
Patricia Dalpiaz
PO Box 147
Harpursville Central School