There is a fourth grade class in our school that is fairly rowdy,
undisciplined, etc. Several students from this class have come to me in the
last couple of weeks complaining that a book checked out to them has been
taken from their desk.  If you believe the students, half the class is
involved one way or another, and they may be!

The students say the teacher only tells them she doesn't know anything
about the books.  The principal says they need to get their act together or
no checkouts to them at all, although she said this would be only a last
resort.  In the midst of all this, a library book was turned into the
office with a "dirty" drawing in it - and yes, the book was checked out to
a student in this class, and the anatomy in the drawing was identified as
belonging to another student in the class.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to approach this situation.
The year is almost half over, and I don't want any more time to pass before
intervening in some way!  As always, thank you for your help.  Carol Burr
---
Carol Burr              burrc@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us
Goodlettsville Elementary
514 Donald Street