'Netters: I have just been approached by one of the curriculum directors about
the possibility of teaching some sort of reading class next year.  Here in
Massachusetts, because of our ed. reform bill, we will be ditching all study
halls next year (this year we cut them down by one-half).  I think study
halls are a waste of time, so this is not a bad idea.  The reading class
would be just that--to encourage students to read more, perhaps with response
journals, "book reports"?, discussions, etc.  Has anyone every done something
like this?  And would this be something for which we could use Electronic
Bookshelf or Accelerated Reader?  What other suggestions do you all have?
I need to write a very short course description in a couple of days, so
if anyone has any inspiration for me, I'd appreciate it.  I'll post a
hit if there's any interest in this...Thanks in advance.  Betsy Stine,
Danvers, MA High School         bstine@mecn.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home