Wadena,

We have implemented Acce. Reader at the 6-12 grade level in our
high/middle school setting.  This is the first year for our school
although I have experience with the program from a previous school.  Our
faculty really like the program.  Students so-so.  The tests are more
difficult than the students are giving them credit for being and at the
moment we are having a high "failure" rate.  The English teachers are
assigning so many points per semester depending upon the grade level with
increasing points required in the upper levels.  In the future I believe
the students will become better with these tests.  The main problem our
students are having is that they have difficulty reading in context with
plots and vocabulary so there is room for improvements.  I am not
familiar with Media Trek so I can't give a comparison.  Hope this helps.

Petra

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Wadena Deer Creek High School wrote:

> Our elem principal wants to implement a computerized reading program.
> Please respond if you've used either Acc Reader or Media Trek with your
> opinion of the programs.  TIA
>
> Dorothy Platz
> 2155hsch@informns.k12.mn.us WDC school

LM_NET Archive Home