Here is the address of a rare/OP/collectibles book dealer I have used here
in Oregon:
        Suzanne and Truman Price
        7210 Helmick Road
        Monmouth, OR 97361
        Ph. (503) 838-5452
        TruPrice@aol.com

 I checked their catalog and found a listing for a copy of _Tales of a
Grandfather_ in fair condition (front board loose, some water damage,
slightly browning pages) for which they are asking $55.  That may give you
something to go on.

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Edith LaForge wrote:

> LM-netters:
>      I'm ready to sell a set of books passed down in my family since 1855.
>  I've checked BPI (at least 20 vols. of it) and don't find a listing.  What I
> have is
> Sir Walter Scott's _Tales of a Grandfather: Tales from Scotland_  3 vols.
>  green and gold binding; many engravings.  c. 1851  publisher A.C. Black of
> Edinburgh.
> Evidently there are 3 series, 9 vols. in the total set of Tales of a
> Grandfather.  I did find a price for the 3 vol set with T of G: Tales from
> France.
>     Does anyone know of dealers I can send photos to with desciption to get
> reasonable price appraisal?  Local rare book dealers tell me I need to know
> the price I want before I come to them.  I've never dealt with this situation
> and need some helpful hints.   TIA!         Edith LaForge (OkSchLib or
> ealaforge)   Tulsa, OK

LM_NET Archive Home