Again, LM_NET amazes. I received several responses to my request for
bulletin board ideas used old CD-ROMs. Several of the respondents also
asked me to post the ideas I received. Unfortunately, I had deleted
several before these requests were made, so I will paraphrase.

Shelley Glantz
Several people suggested using them as Christmas tree decorations, or
putting them in the shape of a tree on the bulletin board (1 on the top,
2 in the next row, 3 in the next, and so on). One person had seen a
wreath made from them.

Many suggestions concerned using them as table decorations for a banquet.

The most common suggestion was making them into mobiles or hanging them
individually from the ceiling. Those people say it is a dazzling effect
when they catch the light.

Two people suggested taking photos of either students or staff and using
the CD-ROMs as frames.

One person uses them as a border around a bulletin board.

Someone suggested making a board with the CDs, disks, and old computer
parts, and displaying them with computer jokes or cartoons from magazines.

If you have a display area, one person made a display which traces the
progress of technology. She displays old hardware and leads up to the
present.

LM_NET Archive Home