-- [ From: Pam * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I just lost a very dear and long time friend to a brain anurism. She was
only 53 years old, and an excellent teacher. Fifteen years ago, she quit
sending flowers to funerals. Instead she would ask me what book I needed for
my library. She would donate hundreds of books over those years. When she
passed away, we were FLOODED with books. I was very lucky that the donations
were very appropriate for the library. Now that she herself is gone, I will
miss her so much. But her memory lives on in the memorials. I have made a
beautiful memorial letter that is sent to the family of the deceased.  I
have a polaroid camera that I use to take pictures of a student checking the
gifts for the first time. Those are sent to the family.
Once a year I manage to get articles in the local newspapers discussing the
memorials. We are a small town, but the giving is huge.
Pam Crawford
--
He struts he strolls,
His love is Rock and Roll,