I let be known in the past my own feelings toward ILS's.  DON'T WASTE THE
MONEY.  That said, there was an issue of Educational Technology afew years
back that was devoted to them.  Interesting that all of the articles in
favor were by people either employed or funded by companies with a
financial stake.  I have yet to see any evidence of their benefit over
other delivery methods and the price is outrageous. It's trying to do the
same old thing but with a new tool instead of using that new tool in a new
and creative manner.

Bob Koreis
Lake Louise Elementary
Lakewood WA
bookman@wolfenet.com

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Joan Kimball wrote:

> Is an Integrated Learning System (ILS) the best software to get for the
> classroom network?  Or is it pure drill and
> practice---outdated---mechanical---busy work?  I am thinking of an ILS such
> as Jostens.

LM_NET Archive Home