Because in the last two days I have answered this question twice, I'm going
to post the answer to the list.   I started in this job twenty years ago.
At that time we used cards to check out books, had a card catalog, 10,000
books, several 16 mm projectors, an 8mm camera and projector, overheads,
filmstrip projectors, cassette tape recorders, reading machines, reel to
reel recorders, record players, and opaque projectors.  Teachers used
blackboards, overheads, and occassionally showed a film in class.  You had
to encourage teachers to use media and projectors.  In the library we were
doing all the typing on manual typewriters.  It took us about three hours
every week to do the overdue list.  We spent hours typing cards and
processing books.  Today we have a computized circulation system,  Channel
One, VCRs, camcorders,lazer disk players, several computers, Internet
access, CD-ROMs, a fax machine, and a phone.

Kathy Geronzin
Northeast MS-HS Librarian
Goose Lake, IA 52060
319-577-2249