Thank you so much for offering your great suggestions. I have forwarded all
your messages to the seventh grade student. I know he is going to be
impressed that so many LM_Netters came to his aid and from so many parts of
the country! I thank you for your kindness in helping me help and an "old
elementary friend" whom I had the pleasure of being librarian for in
kindergarten through third grade.

Here are the titles I have received so far on the net of historical fiction
books which stories took place out of the United States and before 1900.

*Of Nightgales that Weep  by Catherine Paterson
*The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth Spear
*The Ramsey Scallop,
*Adam of the Road,
*The Tower of Krakow,
*When Hitler Stole the Pink Rabbit. (After the 1900's but a exciting book!)
*The Boys of St. Petri (sp?)
*The Trumpeter of Kraikow(sp?)
*My Name is Not Angelica by Scott O'Dell
*The Circlemaker / Maxine Rose  Schur
*A Murder for Her Majesty by Beth Hilgartner
*Beat the Walking Drum
*True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle?
*The Midwife's Apprentice
*Catherine, Called Birdy,
*Beyond the Western Sea Series: The Escape from Home which takes place in
     Ireland and England.
*The Serpent's Children by Scarlett Pimpernel
*A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver by Konigsburg about Eleanor of Aquitaine.
*King's Shadow by Alder which takes place around the Battle of Hastings.
*The Ramsey Scallop by Frances Temple.
*I, Juan de Pareja by Trevino, about the Renaissance

*Midwife's Apprentice by Cushman about Middle Ages *Treasure Island (early
1800's)
*Black Arrow (England in the Middle Ages) *The King's Fifth by Scott O'Dell
*Master Puppeteer by Katherine Patterson (set in Medieval Japan
Aquitaine.
*King's Shadow by Alder which takes place around the Battle of Hastings.
*The Kings Fifth Scott O'Dell

*
Thank you again. I hope I can help you some time!

Mary

Mary Hart
Librarian Assistant for Ursuline High School
Santa Rosa, California

Mary Hart
Librarian Assistant for Ursuline High School
Santa Rosa, California

LM_NET Archive Home